A question a lot of students tend to ask is, “What is there to do in Maryville?” If you have found yourself wondering about the entertainment aspects of the Ville you are not alone! I am here to give you ideas of what you can do when you are not studying.
- Free On-Campus Events-Be sure to always be checking your Northwest student planner for ideas on what there is to do on-campus. Many organizations and offices host free lunches, info sessions, fun activities, etc. Student Activities Council (SAC) hosts many free events for Northwest students. These include poker nights, ice cream socials, comedians, and more. Also, all Northwest athletic events are free to student, so go cheer on our teams! Take advantage of any and all free events on campus!
- Food Options: Carsons, La Bonita, Dominos, Sonic, Pizza Hut, Dairy Queen, My Favorite Muffin, Applebee’s….this could go on for awhile. Go out to eat with a group of friends or people from your floor! From fast food to sit-down restaurants, Maryville has got a little bit of everything!
- The Great Outdoors: Although it is getting colder, something to keep in mind during warmer weather is Maryville’s pool and Mozingo lake. Mozingo has a golf course, camping grounds, and manmade beach.
- Shopping: Shopping in Maryville may be pretty minimal, but we do have Wal-Mart, Hy-Vee, Maurices, JC Penney, Hibbett Sports, and Payless. My friends and I will sometimes have Wal-Mart outings together to stock up on groceries and Northwest apparel.
- Fitness-In addition to the fitness facility on campus, Maryville also has a Community Center and Get Fit 24 (where you can see personal trainer Brenda!) where you can work on your fitness. Many centers have an assortment of machines and weights to meet all of your exercise needs.
There are just a few ideas of things to do in Maryville. With all of the free events hosted on campus, food options, outdoor areas, gyms and stores there is no reason you cannot find all you need in the Ville! If you feel you have too much down time, be sure to go out and explore all the things the Ville has to offer! Also be sure to get involved on campus to make the most of your college years!